Insight Vox: NSA Whistleblower Bill Binney

Homepage Forums Discuss UK Column Articles Insight Vox: NSA Whistleblower Bill Binney

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  snackattack 3 weeks, 3 days ago. This post has been viewed 415 times

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

mike
    UK Column Staff

Mike Robinson and retired NSA analyst and whistleblower, Bill Binney discuss mass surveillance of populations through bulk aqusition of data, Russiagate, censorship, Huawei and Julian Assange.

Premiere’s tonight at 7.30pm.

oyddodat

Looking forward to watching this.

Ian writes at In This Together. His latest book A Dangerous Ideology is available for free download at In This Together.

“If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” [Mills]

2 users thanked author for this post.

purple hoax

@mike, Skripal ?

richarda

If you are looking for a needle, the last thing you need is a bigger haystack.
    On the other hand, if you want voting intentions at an individual level, total communications surveillance is an ideal.
    Even worse is the enabling of blackmail and retribution.

BTW - I have never worked for Reuters.

3 users thanked author for this post.

irene68

That was a wonderful interview and I do hope that we get a follow up interview in the not too distant future. I have the utmost respect for all whistleblowers, who put themselves on the line for what they believe in, as well as those like UK Column who give them a platform to get their voices heard. I am feeling more optimistic by the day.

8 users thanked author for this post.

jennywren55

for gods sake Purple don-t eat them KORF

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    5 users thanked author for this post.

jennywren55

Thanks Mike one of the best seen a lot of bills interviews he is a mine of information ,is the tide turning lets hope so KORF

4 users thanked author for this post.

etch

That was a good interview. I think Bill’s angle is very crucial and needs addressing in mainstream.

Here check this out:
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/inside-the-mueller-report-a-sophisticated-russian-interference-campaign

Mueller does not say Russia

“The Central Allegation of our Indictments. That there were multiple, systematic efforts to interfere in our election”

The news anchors proceed to talk about the same people Papodopoulos talks about.

RIP, Never forget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpvcc9C8SbM

1 user thanked author for this post.
    bam

richarda

Mueller does not say Russia

“The Public Broadcasting Service is an American public broadcaster and television program distributor.”

And Mueller does not name the russians, because that might open the huge can of worms. (Amongst 32 others, Bogacheva and Krylova)

It looks like pbs did not attempt to dig very deep, and could even be described as misleading.

“Through two years of this investigation, through the indictment of 34 individuals, and then spelled out clearly in his final report, Robert Mueller made one thing crystal clear: Russia attempted to interfere with our 2016 election.”

richarda

Bogacheva and Krylova were referenced in the Mueller report as interfering in the US Election

“Unfortunately for Mueller however, this too turned into a royal mess. Lawyers defending one of three Russian companies indicted with the 13 Russians, Concord Management, showed up for court. Mueller’s team was caught off guard and never expected this. They immediately asked the judge for more time but the judge denied their pleas noting that they were the ones who indicted the Russian company in the first place.

When the case proceeded, the Concord attorney’s noted that another of the three companies indicted by Mueller was not in existence at the time of Mueller’s indictment. They called this a case of Mueller indicting the proverbial ‘ham sandwich’.

At a following court appearance, the attorneys representing Concord stated that the corrupt Mueller team’s allegations of 13 Russian individuals impacting the 2016 election were “made up” nonsense. The individuals were not even real.

Concord Management’s lawyers revealed that Mueller’s team had ignored over 70 discovery requests they had made for information in the case. In response Mueller’s team offered to give Concord Management’s lawyers a massive amount of social media data from those dangerous trolls who sought to influence the US election and the majority of the data was in RUSSIAN.

Mueller’s lawyers then admitted that they don’t even have English translations for the Russian social media posts. However, somehow Mueller’s lawyers believe Americans were influenced by these Russian language posts?

It was reported that Mueller’s team didn’t want to hand over the data that had been accumulated related to the Russians because the Russians would then use the information to spy on Americans (ignoring that they supposedly already had).”

So when they say “interfered in the election” this is what they mean.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Candide

It’s not easy to think about the devices we have within hands reach 24/7 and that are recording every moment to a storage facility as a real and existential reality. Somehow though we know the capabilities and capacities exist they cannot harm us because we are moral, law abiding and honest. But they know every moment we are alone and can create a fictious narrative in our lives we cannot disprove. The power of so much information on an individual is total. I fear though we have not yet seen it used to any extent it will be used to hurt communities like this. The tailoring algorithms now everywhere are AI learning driven programs, and they know everything about us and everyone we know. Which is way more than any individual knows. It’s a scary xmen superpower in the hands of crazy psychopaths. I want to go hide in the woods.

"I wouldn't be a member of any club that would have me as a member "
    Groucho Marx

snackattack

” And there shall be great oppression, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the Elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”
    [ Mathew 24: 21-22].
    You see Candide, it does not matter whether you believe the above or not. They do, and they plan accordingly.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    bam
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.