Mike Robinson speaks to Clifford Kiracofe about the origins of Christian Zionism and its relationship to Jewish Zionism and Western government support for the State of Israel.
Based in Washington DC, Dr Kiracofe is an author, journalist, photographer, educator, consultant, and former Senior Professional Staff Member of the US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations.
Dr Kiracofe is the author of a hard-hitting analysis of US Middle East policy, Dark Crusade (London: I.B. Tauris, 2009).
He has taught at Virginia Military Institute, Washington and Lee University, and China Foreign Affairs University (Beijing). He is a Research Fellow at the Institute for Shared Future, Communications University of China (Beijing).
He is President of the Washington Institute for Peace and Development.
Cliff’s book, Dark Crusade, is available from Bloomsbury Publishing.
Complementary detail on the history and theology of dispensationalism (the British cradle of Christian Zionism) can be found:
- in UK Column’s interview with Rev. Dr Stephen Sizer,
- in Alex Thomson’s December 2023 Delingpod,
- in Rev. Al Mohler's (President of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) interview of the author Dr Daniel Hummel,
- in Matthew Ehret's essay on Gnostic cults (part of a series),
- at this timestamp in James Perloff’s review of Cyrus Scofield’s legacy,
- in Pastor Greg Van Court's lecture on dispensationalism,
- in Maidhc Ó Cathail's review of the Scofield Bible,
- and in the Jewish non-Zionist podcast How Christian Evangelicals Created Jewish Zionism by Committing High Reason.
The latter half of Anton Chaitkin’s 1997 talk on British Establishment use of Christian denominations and fellowships also supplies much relevant detail.