Technical Support Analyst
UK Column requires a multi-skilled Technical Support Analyst to design, install and support desktop, server, and video studio infrastructure. This is a technical role and would suit a generalist from either an IT support or AV background.
Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
The position is available immediately.
- Investigating and resolving hardware & software faults on a range of IT and AV assets
- Maintaining video, lighting & audio equipment
- Planning, setup, operation, and de-rig of AV equipment for all UK Column livestreams and virtual conferences
- Installing and configuring hardware and software
- Supporting MacOS, Windows 10 (on the desktop) and Linux (on servers)
- Responding to technical help requests from colleagues of all levels of seniority and IT proficiency
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrable experience of working in an IT or AV support environment
- A keen approach to learning new skills
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- Responsiveness to deal with issues promptly and effectively, the ability to independently manage your time and a flexible attitude towards dealing with issues
- You will be a proactive problem-solver who can manage multiple priorities to ensure that work is delivered on time to a high standard
- You will be an engaged team member, but also able to work independently
Exposure to the following is an advantage, but not essential, as full training will be provided:
- Experience of live video production software such as vMix, Wirecast, NDI Tools, etc.
- Experience of video conferencing software such as Zoom and Skype
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve
- Familiarity with video / audio hosting platforms such as Odysee, Rumble and Soundcloud
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Must be able to work from our headquarters in Plymouth.