Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Geoff
    UK Column Annual Membership

What if I fear nothing?

No one here but us people.

ukrpko

What does God want you to do?

Well, help me out a bit here. Does God want me to pay tax on things that don’t belong to Çaesar?

Phrasing the question that way, I am confident that I should pay road tax, because the roads belong to Çaesar. But I know they didn’t help me buy my house, and they don’t help me with my work. So what is the Biblical argument for paying taxes on things which aren’t Çaesar’s?

As for “you could move” I can’t think of anywhere in the world where I won’t find a Çaesar who wants to tax me.

Seriously, what are the scriptural limits on tax? Are there any? Jesus paid a tax he was expected to pay, but seems to suggest he was paying it, not because he should, but in order not to cause offence.

Does the government have an inalienable right to taxation? If everything I do is taxed at 100 percent, then I am a slave. Tax isn’t 100 percent but it doesn’t have to be to drive someone to bankruptcy.

The biblical argument is pay what the authorities ask, as oppressive as that sounds. What always gets me is how easy it would be for the many to stop the few. Yet here we are…

ukrpko

What if I fear nothing?

😂 You don’t.
    Love of course drives out fear. So either you’re one of the chosen, having repented, accepted Christ and through His Grace, now not living in fear…or you’re a fool.

And if you’re a fool, you’re on the wrong side of God, where there is no love…. Just Fear.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Augean Glower
    UK Column Monthly Membership

I used to think it must be wonderful for the religiously conditioned to feel safe and having a spot in heaven, in return for obedience to their lords and masters. But I found good, strength and fearlessness without gods or governments conditioning. A fool by definition is someone who lacks sense and judgement. A fool would need guidance/guidelines? lords and masters.

You can not be unvaccinated any more than you can be uninoculated.
    Listening to many, beholden to none.
    For CT's with free minds, SAGE & BASIL.
    Knowledge is power, together we are strong.
    Meaht Lieg Willnung.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ukrpko

I used to think it must be wonderful for the religiously conditioned to feel safe and having a spot in heaven, in return for obedience to their lords and masters. But I found good, strength and fearlessness without gods or governments conditioning. A fool by definition is someone who lacks sense and judgement. A fool would need guidance/guidelines? lords and masters.

If you listen to what Pawson has to say on this you’ll know that feeling safe about your spot in heaven is Christian folly. We’re on our way, that is all. I believe this to be true too.

You lump government in with gods and infer some flavour of worldly obedience or is it slavery. Straw man.

The sense and judgement required of us is to look at the miracle of life and creation; and to reconcile ourselves with its Creator. Atheists must surely be the biggest fools of all. Even those worshipping idols understand that this earth set in the far-flung galaxies has a creator. How could anyone not.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Augean Glower

How could anyone not.

The answer is very simple. Not everyone was programmed the same way as you. I will make an assumption that most here are critical thinkers and would put religion in an unsolved category. To say we should all fear the God you’ve imagined (with help), or the rest of us are fools, is in my view irrational and closed minded.

Meaht Lieg Willnung.

ukrpko

How could anyone not.

The answer is very simple. Not everyone was programmed the same way as you. I will make an assumption that most here are critical thinkers and would put religion in an unsolved category. To say we should all fear the God you’ve imagined (with help), or the rest of us are fools, is in my view irrational and closed minded.

Thanks, I understand your point of view but the fabrication is in your mind. Your mind according to you contains the answer and yet you can’t prove your mind. Also, being a follower of Christ is not a religion. Have a nice day.

Geoff

Does your faith accept that there are other ways other than christ?

I would not like to say, to become a chosen one, as it comes across as a tad arrogant.
    To say one has been chosen over another, who one believes has not been for some reason, does not resonate love, for me.

ukrpko

Does your faith accept that there are other ways other than christ?

I would not like to say, to become a chosen one, as it comes across as a tad arrogant.

To say one has been chosen over another, who one believes has not been for some reason, does not resonate love, for me.

No, Christ is the only way.

Yes, chosen does have that connotation these days. The choice is ours, that is how we are ‘chosen’.

Augean Glower

Your mind according to you contains the answer and yet you can’t prove your mind.

You say you understand my point of view but you don’t, anymore than i understand yours. My mind will always be searching for answers never truly settled. Yours is the mind that has fabricated an answer. I’m agnostic not atheist. I respect those with faith until they their faith calls me a fool for declining assimilation. I hope you can find a way to not see the rest of us as fools but it’s your prerogative. Have a nice day too.

Meaht Lieg Willnung.

Geoff

Ok, personally the, “christ is the only way”, has always been off putting for me.

I used be agnostic also and still am to a degree, yet this could well be left over residue from my younger days of the man in the sky,guy on a cross,etc, agnosticism.

Yet I do practice love and tolerance with a god personal to me and it am happy to say it works.
    I do not think one has to choose one god and stay with it, it feels more flexible than that.

The choice is indeed our own. We can choose to fear or not fear, we can chosen a religion that follows christ or we can chose another.
    We can chose to up hold our own inalienable rights as individuals in observance of Natural Law. Collectively acting in peace to undermine the objectives of any conspirators.

ukrpko

Ok, personally the, “christ is the only way”, has always been off putting for me.

Hi, yes, it’s difficult for intellectually minded people to process (as well as the rich).
    Believe it or not, I do understand where you’re coming from too.
    Tragic really, you sound like a nice person. Cheers

Oldtechy

When I read what others have written I ask myself one question, how many of you have been in combat (in action)? My old Dad used to say “very few atheists in “foxholes!
    When bullets fly
    And all around die
    There is heard just one cry
    G*D get me outta here!

Yes I have seen combat and it is hell!

These are the end times!

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Geoff

Tragic indeed…

Augean Glower

I’m ex military oldtechy, I understand your analogy but that is not faith, that is desperation and fear OR they are from an era where most were conditioned to a God. Maybe if I was traumatised on frontlines and expecting to die any minute I would want a God to be real, pray, beg to survive, and if I survived I might even believe my prayers were heard. But that’s far from a faith or godfearing.

Meaht Lieg Willnung.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 UK Column

Forgot your details?