Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    UK Column Staff

Following some comments in other threads, I want to restate our policy on forums posts. We have minimal restrictions on what people can post here, but basically:

– Absolutely no personal attacks on other members.
    – Keep discussions on topic.
    – In any dispute, the forum moderator’s decision is final.

And that’s it really.

It was suggested that I have said that we move posts when it suits us to do so. This is absolutely untrue. Moderators are mostly “hands off”.

We do not delete posts except in rare cases, and never without communicating with the post author first. An example might be where we have received a copyright or other legal challenge.

We will split a thread where we see two or more conversations going on in the same topic and where it is difficult to follow the conversation as a result.

We will merge threads where we see the same conversation going on in separate topics.

Neither of these options is used very often and again, we will contact the people who started the topics affected first. The option to close a discussion is almost never used.

If you believe a post has been moved or deleted, then contact me or Martin via PM and we will look into it. PLEASE DO NOT disrupt someone elses thread with “where has my post gone?” messages. That is not fair on the topic starter or those engaged in the conversation, and in future I will simply delete such posts. There can be no reason for making such posts anyway, other than to disrupt. If you feel you are not getting an appropriate response from me or Martin and you feel the need to publicly chastise us, then start a new topic.

Total of 29 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
    jennywren55
    UK Column Monthly Membership

Thanks Mike hope you had some small rest over Christmas a lot of it is inuendo which is disruptive and doe-s not help move us forward ,we have a momentum we are getting the right information so lets use it the right way,and make it better for all.kindest of regards Frank

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Martin Edwards
    UK Column Staff

I have just spent some valuable time moving 30 + threads from the ‘anything goes’ forum. Nothing has been deleted. Most of the moved threads will now be found in ‘The EU and Brexit‘ forum.

I note that some contributors starting discussion threads are still only posting in the ‘anything goes’ forum. If your subject matter falls within any of the categories below then your post should be placed in that forum and not ‘anything goes’.

* 5G Rollout
    * Abolish the TV License
    * Banking and alternative currencies
    * Children & Families
    * Climate Change & Weather modification
    * Common Purpose
    * Computing & the internet
    * Education
    * Fake news
    * Global Britain
    * Mainstream media
    * Press freedom & censorship
    * Social media and censorship
    * The EU & Brexit
    * The NHS & Health
    * The United Nations & Agenda 21
    * UK Defence
    * UK devolution & Local Government
    * UK Police
    * Unsolved case file

Thanks.

Martin Edwards
    UK Column Staff

Here’s a little reminder……

We have minimal restrictions on what people can post here, but basically:

– Absolutely no personal attacks on other members.
    – Keep discussions on topic.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Martin Edwards
    UK Column Staff

It is now more than two years since I last posted about the topic of good forum housekeeping. With many new members, and evidence of some long standing members going back to old habits, I have decided to post this reminder.

Once again I note that some contributors starting discussion threads are still only posting in the ‘anything goes’ forum. If your subject matter falls within any of the categories below then your post should be placed in that forum and not ‘anything goes’.

* 5G Rollout
    * Abolish the TV License
    * Banking and alternative currencies
    * Children & Families
    * Climate Change & Weather modification
    * Common Purpose
    * Computing & the internet
    * Coronavirus / SARS-Cov-2/ COVID-19
    * Drug Adverse Reactions
    * Education
    * Fake news
    * Global Britain
    * Mainstream media
    * Press freedom & censorship
    * Social media and censorship
    * The EU & Brexit
    * The NHS & Health
    * The United Nations & Agenda 21
    * UK Defence
    * UK devolution & Local Government
    * UK Police
    * Unsolved case file

If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will also see a wide variety of topics covered in our group forums section.

Also when starting a new thread it is best practice for the thread title to give other forum users a clue as to the content of the thread. For example, ‘Look at this’ or ‘Great video must watch’ are not encouraged here. In addition, if you create a thread don’t just post a link to an article or 5 hour long video without at least providing a concise summary of what you’ve learned and why you think it important that other forum members take the time to read / watch it. Please respect the fact that some forum users might be short of time and need to prioritise their reading / viewing.

UKC forum moderators have families and other commitments and your cooperation with this request will be greatly appreciated by them.

For a reminder of our forum rules please simply scroll to the first post in this thread.

Thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Website Howtos & Rules’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2021 UK Column

Forgot your details?