The transcription of the interview is available here. Please distribute it as far and wide as you can. We appreciate it is a big read, but even reading the table of contents gives a great overview of the case.
Alex's team formed following our announcement that the Docherty case should be treated as an open source investigation. So far, the response has been superb, with information coming in thick and fast. That information is already being used to motivate MPs, MEPs, the police, the judiciary and other public authorities, and we must also thank everyone who has contributed to that effort.
But they need more help. They have identified ten main questions they need answers to. If you have any information which can help, please contact the team by email at email@example.com
1. Is Bridgeen Smith/Smyth, the HSE West team leader at Letterkenny who was apparently drafted in to deal with the Dochertys (as she is not on the CORU register in Letterkenny), in fact the wife of HSE West Regional Director John Smith/Smyth? (The Dochertys have seen both use two surname variants, oddly enough.)
Did she even work regularly in Letterkenny before or after dealing with the Docherty case?
2. Who in the Irish Government is trying to urge the Dochertys to place all the blame on Mary Malee in Mayo in order to deflect from Dublin? Is it the Ministry of Justice?
3. What is the relationship between Sergeant John Forkan and Maria Houston (alias Heuston), the unqualified woman whom the Dochertys believe to have been “caring” for their son Christian? Has Houston/Heusten a military background?
4. What is the background and motivation of Donegal lawyer Liza Finegan, other than her representing the State?
5. What is the current professional practice status and practice location of HSE Mayo’s consultant psychiatrist Ciarán Seán Máire Smyth? While he is known to have a 1991 psychiatric qualification (MRCPsych) and a “specialist registration” (Mayo no. 355), why is he apparently not registered with the Irish Medical Council despite being the county’s Clinical Director for consultant psychiatrists?
What drove him in 2004 to take a sociology PhD in the “ethnography” of public psychiatry and “a post-structuralist analysis of mental medicine in its community-based mode of operations”? Which state or EU entities is he close to for funding or ideology?
6. What is the current official and the current actual practice location of Donegal/Derry social worker Gabrielle McDaid? Was she registered to practice social work in the Republic of Ireland before June 2016? Has she ever had regular social work employment in the Republic of Ireland, or only in Northern Ireland?
7. Is Donegal social work Central Team leader Eilish Crawford-Quaile or her husband from Scotland? Has she a psychiatric or psychology background?
8. What is Judge Paul Kelly’s motivation, or what is the hold over him, that he should have acted so corruptly in this case contrary to his own policy speeches?
9. Since Irish court-appointed guardian ad litem Patricia Molony does not drive, which police or other persons took her and the Docherty children from the Republic of Ireland, via Northern Ireland, to Scotland and back for the Docherty children’s attendance of the funeral of their maternal grandmother (McLaren) in Blairgowrie, Perthshire, in January 2016? Who authorised this at Police Scotland and the PSNI?
9. Which (Irish, British or foreign) entities and persons purchased the (State tax-relieved) stately home of Laughton House in Moneygall, County Offaly for the previous Minister for Children and Youth Affairs in the Republic of Ireland, James Reilly, since he is a known bad debtor?
And which entities and persons previously purchased for Reilly, in a complicated investment arrangement, the care home which he previously owned, Greenhill Nursing Home in Carrick-on-Suir, Co. Tipperary? (See here, here, here and here.)
10. Is Police Scotland Professional Standards (North) Department Chief Inspector Amanda-Jane ‘Midge’ Mackay’s husband, Martin J Mackay, with Police Scotland? (The couple live in Aberdeen.) Was he, or a relative, in fact the Detective Inspector Mackay who, without giving his first name or initials, stalled for time with the Dochertys in early November 2014 while tipping off Irish social services?
AND CRUCIALLY: Can the public notify us of any people connected with any of the characters in this transcript who are known or reasonably suspected to be informants or to be living a lie about his or her denominational affiliation, (sources of) wealth, political loyalty or attitude, sexuality or nationality?
The email address again, if you think you can help, is firstname.lastname@example.org